Tuesday 18 September 2012

After a bit of a frantic start to the day, things definitely got better.

We got to pre-school a few minutes late, partly due to the frantic morning getting ready to leave the house, but also because when we got out of the car in the car park, a group (is it a gaggle?) of geese flew right over us, honking away as geese do. It's such a special sight, I was totally caught up in the moment, pointing the geese out to Mr F, following their flight as far as we could see. Mr F said something which I didn't hear due to being away with geese (!), "what did you say sweetie?" I asked thinking he was as enthralled as me, "can I play football?" was the question of complete irrelevance (to me anyway!) and bang, there I was back down to earth, thanks!

We did some gardening together this afternoon. I cut things back and Mr F spread them around the garden for me! No, that wasn't what I wanted, but hey something's aren't worth an argument. We found a couple of caterpillars which distracted him for a short while, but I think he was somewhat disappointed to hear that Mummy didn't know where the caterpillars were going. Sometimes I think I completely lack imagination as I could have made up a wonderfully exciting fairy tale about the caterpillar instead of being a misery Mum! Next time.

Daddy goes back to work tomorrow after 10 days off, so that will be interesting to see how Mr F reacts. Will he not care or not notice or will he harp on about Daddy all afternoon? No prizes for guessing the right answer, it's just for fun!

X






No comments:

Post a Comment