Thursday 26 July 2012

I know I shouldn't say it, (I can hear the tuts and cringes already), but it's too hot!


I'm rubbish in the heat and I'm hoping my son hasn't inherited that from me. He's in with a good chance of being able to enjoy the sun and the heat as Daddy's from Egypt after all. But he has been a little out of sorts these last few days and so far has managed to be just a little bit sick 3 days in a row now. 


When I say a little, it's just been the once each day, the first was Sunday night after putting him to bed. I then had to change the whole bed clothes including the duvet, and thank goodness for the sunshine so I could get it all dry! How old do I sound?! 


Monday we went to Granddads and he was a bit funny there, off his food then stuffing down satsumas and jammy dodgers. He kept disappearing too, and we'd find him sitting on the back door step, all forlorn. When my brother arrived home, Mr F was delighted to see him as he thought it was Uncle Richard from Northampton, and it didn't matter how many times we told him it was Uncle David and not Richard, his mind was made up thank you very much! 


On the way home I had to stop the car after he was poorly again. Poor little guy, I had to undress him on the side of the road and mop up the car seat well enough to get us the rest of the way home. He was so excited to be sat in the front seat playing with the radio and air vents, he didn't make any fuss about being covered in yuk! Once again thank goodness for the sunshine as I had to get the car seat covers washed and dried for the next day. 


Tuesday, after waiting in for a fab eBay purchase to be delivered, a huge slide, climbing frame and swings for Mr F (new project for Granddad!), we went to Aunty Pauline's in the afternoon. We sat playing trains and cars, which basically meant crashing them into each other. At one point Aunty Pauline was involved in the crash as she was driving Mr Fs num chuck, to the rest of us that's a dumper truck, and so she said "oh no I've crashed, I need a tow", and in a flash Mr F was there to save the day, offering up his leg and toe as requested.


Yesterday was a quieter day, staying out of the sun for the most part. Still Mr F was a wee bit off in the morning, but definitely picked up by the afternoon, helped by his marathon watching of Chloe's Closet on tv, which is apparently his new favourite programme. It's cute the first time, three little kids playing dress up, but after a while, it was numbing! I only allowed it to be played repeatedly so as to keep Mr F from being out in the sun too long, honestly!


No idea what today will bring, but I'll let you know later! And if I'm lucky and I'm a good girl I might even get a "well done Mummy!" from Mr F, which is his new saying and is very funny as it's said with such feeling. I achieved my first "Well done Mummy" for finding a puzzle piece yesterday, it was a marked achievement! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment