Tuesday 31 July 2012

Yesterday Mr F and I had to go to work. In an odd moment a few months ago I decided it would be a good idea to deliver local magazines, you know the little freebie ones that come through the door every month. So I now have a round of just under 600 to deliver, which I thought would be great when Mr F is at pre-school, but the flaw in my plan is of course..... summer holidays! I now have to deliver with the help of Mr F, oh joy!


Luckily I made a start at the weekend delivering to some flats. Just as well, as they were the blocks of flats that don't have communal post boxes on the ground floor, boy my thighs knew about it! No way could I have taken the little man up and down all those stairs, he'd have gone on strike pretty early on I think. When I say gone on strike, what I mean of course is that he would have staged a one man sit-in, bottom firmly planted on the floor and arms securely folded is the preferred style!


We had a couple of sit-ins on our round yesterday, but a trip to our favourite NY coffee shop with a bout of play, an innocent fruit smoothie and 2 (miniature) cupcakes later (aka bribery), we were ready for the off again. 


Then we spied a Mr Men special offer in The Works book shop window across the road, so we went to investigate. Mr F likes a Mr Men story at bed time, and nearly split his sides laughing the night before when we read Mr Skinny. Not that the story is that funny, but I guess my Mr Skinny and Doctor Plump voices were just sooooo good!! Hmm, another missed vocation?! 


Anyway, what did we buy? The offer was 99p per book or 6 for £5, so what do you think?! Yep we got 6, despite Mr F insisting quite loudly for the first few seconds that no he didn't want any, but quickly folding and opting for 6 new bedtime books. We picked Mr Grumble (can't imagine why!), Mr Cheerful, Mr Clever, Mr Strong, Mr Good, Mr Perfect. We read 3 last evening at bedtime, but none of them a challenger for the current favourite which is Mr Uppity, I know not why!


After our bargain purchases, we were back on our round again. We did quite a bit of walking, up long steep steps up to houses and back down again and I was really impressed how Mr F kept going and for the most part stayed by my side.


Then it was time to finish for the day, so we ended in the playground, result! Mr F isn't the most active player in the playground, so this was a welcome treat to end the day. Best activity in the playground.......wobbly balance log thing, great fun.


So today, as it's wet and horrible outside (please bring back the sunshine that I moaned about before!) and yesterday was busy, today we're having a pyjama day. Yay! Catch up soon. xx


PS Tomorrow we are off to the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust place in Arundel and looking forward to that. Please be sunny.





No comments:

Post a Comment