Thursday 28 June 2012

Huge apologies for being absent, I've been making some progress on getting my business up and running, so sorry but that had to take priority for a bit.


But that's yesterdays news and now I can do what I enjoy most which is rambling here about my bonny boy! I'd like to take you back to Monday as Monday was the pre-school outing to Ladyland farm in Horley. 


I was very excited and I think Mr F was too. We set off in good time and arrived in the parking field. Wellies on, suncream on, hat on and we were good to go! I must say that my bag with packed lunch, change of clothes, nappies etc looked somewhat larger than most of the other bags I could see, but that won't be a surprise to anyone that knows me as travelling light I do not! I think my friends husbands are always rather alarmed when we visit for a stop over at the size of my suitcase in comparison to the number of nights we are staying! You know who you are!!


Fabulous place Ladyland Farm. I'd never heard of let alone visited before and I thought it was lovely, they call it the living classroom and it really is. Our group was met by Farmer Jen and our first delight was to see, hear all about and hold fluffy yellow baby chicks, very excitedly and very nervously with a 2 and a half year old strangler in tow! The chick survived you'll be relieved to know. 


Next were the calves which were a different experience obviously. We gave them some milk, you had to be quick as boy can they guzzle it down rapidly. And we got to stroke their beautiful soft heads, they were adorable. Mr F didn't agree and stood well behind mummy shaking his head and saying quite clearly "no"! 


Never mind, next we were off to see little goats and fluffy bunnies, no problem there for my little farmer. Or so I thought. We were allowed to stroke the kid goat who was held by one of the pre-school teachers, but no thanks said Mr F with folded arms and head firmly facing the other way. Fluffy bunnies then? Nope. We tried to get him to stroke a tiny weeny adorable little bundle of fluff with downy soft long ears and Mr Fs arms couldn't have got any further above his head if he'd been Inspector Gadget himself!


Probably not going to be a farmer, or vet then. So might have to rethink future career options.... After the bunnies we got to feed goats and chickens and sheep and guess what? No, see you're wrong, my brave little farmer won through and very steadily held out his hand for the animals to take the food. You could have knocked me over with a feather, astounding. I think the difference being these animals were the other side of the fence, so not a problem. (And I have to say he gets that from me as I love animals but am a total wimp.)


Then the best bit, the grand finale, the moment we'd all been waiting for, or Mr F had, as I'd had to remind him of it several times when he was wimping out asking to go home. It was the TRACTOR RIDE! Yay! Mr F was so excited, he told anyone and everyone we were going on the Big Tractor. And if you were there you'd be laughing at this as it wasn't so much what he said as how he said it, "Biiiig Trat-tor", said very earnestly with eyes as large as saucers.


Needless to say, the tractor ride was a great hit. We, the passengers, were stood in the back of an open trailer holding onto the side rails for dear life, being bumped along and around a muddy field. But I'm sure if he could Mr F would tell you a very different story! Awesome!


Fab day, will definitely go again. xx















No comments:

Post a Comment