Thursday 21 June 2012



I'd like to introduce to you my little treasure. I'll call him Mr F as that's close enough until I get to know you better, and he's just over 2 and half years old now, going on 15 it feels!


Me, I'm one of those mums who thought it would be great to keep a baby book from birth. But never got round to it properly. I started filling it in and in truth, got bored, weight, height, first this, first that, woah! Too much, too soon. But of course now, 2 and a half years on.......I so wish I had done it!


So, I thought I'd start a blog and keep a dialogue of my little treasures daily exploits and also copies of precious art work that seems to be prolifically produced at pre-school! Yes, you too can share the excitement of my child's artistic talents! Yes, artistic, that is spelt correctly! For those cynics amongst you, no of course it's not an excuse for me to throw away said artwork to stop my house from being lost completely in the mountain that it's become, although I am possibly in the line up for the next tv series of hoarders! That aside, I thought it would be nice to share artwork instead of photos, photos, photos.


The other reason for starting this blog, actually there are several including: housework avoidance, ironing avoidance especially, work avoidance, gardening avoidance, bit of a pattern going on! The main reason for starting this blog was the absolute horror I felt a couple of days ago when I asked Mr F to do something, and the reply I got was "I'm busy!". The astute would recognise at once where this came from, but not I. My second horror was that I only realised the enormity of the words when I read one of those article that parents really shouldn't read, called something like "10 things parents shouldn't say". There it was staring me in the face, I say all too often "I'm busy!". OMG, bad, bad mother! 


So I resolved there and then that I would stop that behaviour at once, she says sat here typing whilst trying to get Mr F to watch the tv for a few minutes before having to get ready for pre-school! But I am making the effort to change my behaviour as seriously it was a shock.
A little WOW moment for you to show that's it's not all bad here. When I asked Mr F to give me the special word when asking for milk, again perhaps the more astute (or more experienced parents, or both of course) would guess that the answer was of course "abracadabra!", which made me laugh out loud and absolutely agree that it really was a special word although not the one mummy was looking for! Bless!


Hope that's a good enough introduction to me and my treasure, and I'm really looking forward to updating this with new and exciting and perhaps frightening OMG and WOW moments. And of course the all important artwork, and here's the first of many (many, many) pieces for your enjoyment.


XX



No comments:

Post a Comment