Friday 22 June 2012

I always find Thursdays particularly trying! Yesterday was no different. Maybe it was the weather? It's a very British thing to blame the weather, so that'll do for me as it saves me analysing the real reason (avoidance tactics again?!)


Mr F was in a defiant mood after pre-school. He ran away from me in the car park, and then wouldn't come indoors when we arrived back home. No doubt my behaviour/body language/spoken language played some part in that, but sometimes I think my little treasure is simply being defiant! I did try some usual things that work in these situations, like "let's see how many yellow flowers we can count to the house?", and "oh, an ant, how exciting, let's see if there's some more down this way?", that sort of thing, but oh no, not today mummy!
In the end I resorted to the final "GET INSIDE NOW!" shouting followed by running and grabbing his hand and dragging him inside. That sounds more dramatic than it was I promise!


I should probably explain that I don't have a driveway, so I wasn't just doing the "do as I say" thing, honest! When I park my car at home it's on a residential road, which we then have to cross to walk down a public footpath to our house, our front garden isn't enclosed and the public footpath leads down to a big block of flats, a waste patch of ground and a pretty busy road, breathe...... So there are endless hazards that I see as a parent and countless exciting opportunities that Mr F sees as a toddler, you see my point?


Once indoors, it's all forgotten, especially if Team Umizoomi is on the TV. Not seen it? Lucky you, I've seen it and heard it many times! My son loves it. We had an OK afternoon spent indoors as the weather was rubbish. Mr F was fractious and still in defiant mood, refused to have a nap which would have resolved this easily, so we had a so so sort of afternoon. Finally, after giving in at about 4pm he had a nap, which was both good and bad, as at 4pm it's too late really as of course it impacts on the bed time routine, but by now I'd had enough of "Mummy, what you doing?" when sat in front of him or next to him playing or drawing or whatever, and other little sayings and many little tantrums, I know he's 2 it's what they do!


Good news though, as when he woke up about 40 minutes later he was a new man! Hoorah! Welcome back lovely! My laugh out loud moment was when he ran into the kitchen dressed in only his t-shirt brandishing his toy microphone and rapping into it like a mini Snoop Dog! But without the swearing, I think! Although it's hard to tell as I don't think it was actual words, but then again, I don't understand what rappers say either - now I sound old!


I'll leave you with another stunning piece of artwork to enjoy, this one is entitled "Mummy" and those of you who know me will see that the likeness really is uncanny! xx





No comments:

Post a Comment