Friday 22 June 2012

Today, where to start? I decided that as it's Friday, it should be a fun day, a Mr F day and so that's where it started. After all, Friday is our day together as he doesn't go to pre-school, so it should be fun, right?


We spent the morning watching some Alphablocks on TV, playing with cars and trains and the Thomas the Tank Engine playmat (after a quick sticky tape repair, and a "That should do it!" from Mr F it's as good as new now!). And of course we did some drawing. Ah yes, there's no let up even though it's not a school day for my little man and the masterpiece produced today was of Daddy! So you'll now get to see the sheer brilliance that is Daddy's portrait, and it rather neatly follows on from yesterday's Mummy portrait completing the family portfolio.


After the obligatory battle to get Mr F dressed we managed to get out of the house around 2pm! That's not good going I know, but it's not awful either.


We went to the bank first as due to the Nat West banking problems I'd been unable to do some online transfers, sorry that's very dull but true. Whilst this sounds like a simple enough task, believe me it's literally an uphill struggle to get from the car walking nicely and holding hands all the way to the Bank. But in fairness to my little treasure he did pretty well today, so thank you little man.


From here we went to a soft play coffee shop. It may come as a shock to hear this, but today was the first time I've done this! OMG. I hope that's not gasps of horror that I've deprived my son of his rightful soft play entitlement, more gasps of pity that I've now been sucked into the hell-hole that is the soft play coffee shop! Don't get me wrong there's nothing bad about it other than the fact that you cannot enjoy a cup of coffee when a dozen or so kids are running about the place screaming and yelling and your little one is somewhere in amongst it, and there's some air compressor thing making an almighty din and a soft ball shooting gun being fired every few seconds. Or maybe it's just me? Perhaps I should now frequent this place in order to acclimatise to it and dull my senses? It's a thought........NO! 


Anyway, Mr F had a fantastic time, he was brilliant and he loved it. Of course he didn't want to leave and I had to get in there and get him out, but I guess that was to be expected. Bless. Maybe we'll go again...........


xx


PS Best not to analyse or interpret the Daddy picture too much!







No comments:

Post a Comment